Skip to content
Prevent liver problems and reduce the severity of symptoms of liver diseases by following these guideline. Liver disease is often the result of years of unhealthy lifestyle practices.
- • Prevent liver diseases by abstaining from alcohol. Alcohol consumption and abuse overtime may lead to cirrhosis.
- • Read the labels of over-the-counter drugs and prescribed medications carefully. Certain prescribed drugs may actually cause liver damage or hepatic toxicity.
- • Adopt good nutrition practices. While eating a well-balanced nutritional diet may not prevent liver diseases completely, dietary practices help to build the body’s immune system and prevent liver infections.
- • Restrict intake of saturated fats, processed foods, and excess intake of tobacco and caffeine.
- • Hepatitis can be prevented by engaging in safe sexual practices, avoiding use of non-sterile needles, and undergoing regular STI testing. Contact your physician for appropriate vaccinations.
- • If you detect symptoms of liver diseases, undergo diagnostic liver enzyme tests.